The following discussion points were made in the New Thinking break-out session (led by Andrew Lyon and facilitated by Cathy McCormack). Please note that we don't have discussion points for all of the break-out sessions.
- A key shift is required from individualist based views of the world to more collective forms.
- More attention needs to be paid to the quality of relationships in this regard currently it seems like a war without bullets against the poor
- Why are we passive about this ( and other features of life)?
- Most of our effort is focused on the external objective areas of life, not enough attention to inner subjective aspects of life/policy
- Insufficient capacity/ability to question the fundamentals of existing approaches to our greatest challenges stuck in a paradigm which has little promise
- Need to shift from problem solving mentality to life enhancing mentality
- Integral approaches required
- Most of the innovation we have currently is innovation in action within an existing mindset not innovation in mindset. The former is incapable of resolving current challenges.
- Sources of hope? Simplicity? Roundedness? Humanity?