'Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.' Margaret Mead, anthropologist
Scottish Youth Theatre, Old Sheriff Court, 105 Brunswick Steet, Glasgow G1 1TF
Directions can be found at http://www.theoldsheriffcourt.co.uk/contact-us/
Come along to this open space event to learn more about the Centre's Postcards from Scotland book series and help create a momentum for real change.
On the 28th of February the Centre ran an event in Glasgow which was so popular it was booked up within a week. At this event three of the Postcards from Scotland authors (Professor Phil Hanlon, Carol Craig and Alf Young) talked about their books and then everyone was involved in discussions on how we spread these radical and inspiring ideas to a much wider audience in Scotland. Lots of great ideas came from participants and many said they wanted to volunteer to be involved. You can read these great ideas and suggestions.
As we don't want to lose the energy or momentum gained on the 28th of February we are holding another, bigger event, on Monday 25th March. Much of the programme will evolve on the night depending on the interests of those who attend. However, we envisage that there will be a chance to -
- hear about the big ideas behind the series
- discuss some of the books' ideas with existing and prospective authors (Phil Hanlon, Carol Craig and Alf Young will definitely be there as will Mike Small author of the next book in the series 'Scotland's Local Food Revolution' and Fay Young and Dougal Perman who are working on a book on social media in Scotland)
- be involved in group discussions on how to take the ideas out to a wider audience
- be involved in groups who want to take some of the current suggestions (e.g. for ambassadors, 1,000 conversations or extensive use of social media)
- generally help shape how we take Postcards from Scotland forward.
The event is free but early booking is essential. To reserve a place please email email@example.com Please note that registration and refreshments will be available from 5 pm and we shall start promptly at 5.30.
Postcards from Scotland titles so far:
Phil Hanlon and Sandra Carlisle - AfterNow
Carol Craig - The Great Takeover
Alf and Ewan Young - The New Road
For more information please go to Postcards from Scotland website
Books will be available for sale at the event.